Introducing Winshuttle TRANSACTION
Winshuttle TRANSACTION simplifies the automated recording, mapping, and running of SAP ERP transactional data using Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Access, or XML. It allows you to maximize the opportunities for data integration and it improves data quality.
TRANSACTION transforms business processes through user-enabled "data shuttling," which automates the transportation of data to and from SAP transactions.
Stated simply, Winshuttle TRANSACTION is:
- Simple to learn and use. Provides a rich user experience. You can get started using TRANSACTION within a matter of hours. It eliminates the costly, resource-intensive activities associated with manual data entry and it significantly reduces IT custom programming efforts. TRANSACTION does not require IT resources for support or maintenance unlike SAP technical tools such as Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW).
- Manages data in SAP applications. Winshuttle TRANSACTION allows you to create and update the data in SAP applications independently of the SAP GUI using an Excel sheet, a PDF document, a Microsoft InfoPath form, a web page, or an Access database.
(Note that the vast majority of SAP data is typically already in digital format and, in particular, in Excel sheets). It enables business users to easily automate the uploading and downloading of data between Excel columns (or Access tables) and SAP fields.
- Winshuttle TRANSACTION resides outside of the core SAP system. It's easy to install and maintain without any server-side support. It connects easily to SAP and synchronizes SAP data with Excel and Access seamlessly using any SAP product.
- Winshuttle TRANSACTION is proven in applications across many SAP modules and contains the features and functions that allow you to perform a mass change to master data or transactional data, perform data conversion or corrections, and provide repetitive reporting, among other activities. For example, you can use this software to easily update or create material master, vendor master, customer master, asset master, bill-of-materials, pricing conditions, sales orders, production orders, invoices, budgets, General Ledger entries, employee records, and much more.
- Preserves you SAP security. Winshuttle TRANSACTION preserves your SAP security and employs SAP authorization profiles already in place to restrict user access thereby preserving your existing SAP security model. TRANSACTION does not require special security authorizations and the application allows you to also check the security authorizations that you may need to have enabled in order to work. TRANSACTION requires users to authenticate their credentials each time the software is used to run data uploads to SAP.
- Uploads any type of SAP transactions. Uploads data into any type of transaction including complex transactions containing multiple screens and multiple line items, and even custom transactions. This software uploads data to SAP in a manner that is similar to manually entering the data. From the SAP perspective, this software performs as a user who is entering data at an enormous speed.
- Runs any number of transactions. Allows you to run SAP transactions one time only or thousands of times as needed. Allows you to run SAP transactions according to an automated schedule during off-peak hours.
- Provides SAP logs and messages. Retrieves messages and logs returned from SAP at the end of execution. These messages and logs display next to the related SAP transactional data in the Excel spreadsheet or Access database.
- Support for data extract and load via a BAPI. Winshuttle TRANSACTION supports the use of remote enabled Function Modules and BAPIs on a given SAP system. TRANSACTION templates are developed using the Winshuttle STUDIO product Winshuttle DIRECT to define the attributes of the template. TRANSACTION is used to map the attributes to an Excel workbook or Access database as well as to run the data through the logic of the BAPI.
- Support for WSDL, Web 2.0 and Forms tools. Winshuttle TRANSACTION in an enterprise deployment scenario supports the publishing of SAP transaction recordings as web services that can have forms designed around them for enterprise deployment. TRANSACTION allows the designer to define the transaction and the data fields and then publish the definition as a WSDL for consumption by Winshuttle FORMS or third party form building products that support WSDLs.