Connecting to SAP
Before you can use Studio v12 to record and run scripts, you need to install SAP GUI. Contact your system administrator or IT department for information on installing SAP GUI.
Studio with Connect - SAP logon
To log on to SAP, enter an SAP router string along with the other information noted within the "Add SAP System" box:
To logon using Siteminder:
- Define the SSO from within Studio with Foundation.
- Go to the Studio SAP Shuttle Logon page.
- Click Enterprise Portal.
- Select the radio button for Siteminder.
Connecting to SAP is easier if you have saplogon.ini installed on your local computer.
To point SAP to the .ini file:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- Click SAP Settings.
- Click the Browse button next to the SAPlogon.ini file location box, browse to the ini folder, and then click OK twice.
If you do not know where to find the ini folder, start SAP GUI Logon, click Options (the icon in the top-left corner), click SAP Logon Options, click Configuration Files or Local Configuration Files, and use the path that is listed for Connection.
If you log on without the .ini installed, click Advanced SAP Logon on the Winshuttle Studio logon screen, click Add System, and then type the system details.
Tip: To save your credentials for future sessions, check the Save as Auto logon credentials box. The next time you log on to SAP from Studio, you will see your Auto Logon name in the SAP System box and your other credentials. All you have to do is click the Log on to SAP button.
Using local SAP systems
When logon types differ between local saplogon ini SAP systems and those defined on Foundation, users may use the local saplogon ini SAP systems to run scripts manually. Please note the following:
- If you are already using local SAP system functionality provided through hotfixes (after Foundation and Studio upgrades), enable the Allow local SAP system preference.
- Display of local SAP servers (saved in .ini/.xml files) is implemented only for Recording and Manual run. These local SAP servers cannot be used for Local Scheduling, Server Scheduling, or Autorun.
- For Manual run, the local SAP system must be defined on Foundation. However, there is no such limitation for Recording.
- If you receive an "SAP server configuration not found on Foundation" error message after having defined the SAP system on Foundation, reopen the template/data file in Excel Add-in to run the file successfully.