Use the Excel Add-in for a query
Important: If you are not able to open a data template file, add the Foundation site to the list of trusted locations in Excel.
Note: If you are running 32-bit Office, consider changing to a 64-bit Office installation or adding memory for optimal performance.
Run a Query script from Excel
- Start Excel, and click Blank workbook.
- Click the Winshuttle Run tab, and then click Logon to Winshuttle.
- Click the Winshuttle Foundation tab.
- Click Open, and then click Open Query Template.
- Select the query template that you want to use, and then click Open.
If you do not see the query that you are looking for, filter the list by using the search box or clicking top.
- Save the template to your computer, using a new file name.
A new workbook loads.
- Click the Winshuttle Run tab.
- Click Logon to SAP, choose the SAP system and client, and enter your credentials.
Tip: If the worksheet does not show the field headers in the first row, click Write Headers.
- To change how the data will be downloaded, click Write Records and choose the option you want:
- Append Data to Result File: Query will start to write new data after the last row of any existing data in the worksheet
- Overwrite Data in Result File: Query will overwrite any existing data. However, if downloaded data consists of fewer rows than was in the worksheet, the data in the additional rows will remain. For example, if your worksheet contains 100 rows of data and you run a query that downloads 75 rows of data, the last 25 rows will remain in the sheet.
- Clear All Mapped Data from Result File: Starting at the Start Row, Query will clear existing data and write the new downloaded data.
- Click Run.
- To narrow the query, type a value or values in the Run time variable wizard box, and then click OK.
Note: If you open a new instance of Excel, you need to log on again.
Run the query later
To schedule a query, click Schedule, type a value or values in the Run time variable wizard box, click OK, and then fill in the scheduling details. For more information, see Schedule a Query run.
Other Winshuttle Run features
To run the query on a different sheet, create the sheet, and then click Write Headers.
To find out in advance how many records will be downloaded, click Number of Entries.
To download only some of the records, type a number in the # Records box, then click the arrow on the Run button and click the command that matches the number you want.
Disable the Excel Add-in
If you need to disable the Studio v11 Excel Add-in or the Query v10.x Excel Add-in, do the following:
- In Excel, click the File tab, and then click Options.
- Click Add-Ins.
- Click the Manage box, click COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
- Uncheck the box for the add-ins that you want to disable:
- The QUERY box is for v10.x.
- The WinshuttleStudioAddin is for Studio v11.