Publish a script with an Excel data file
- Click the Run tab, and then click Publish.
If prompted, save the file, and then click Publish again.
- In the Script Name box, type a descriptive name that will help runners to identify the script.
- If you want to embed the script in a different data file, click Browse and locate that Excel workbook.
By default, Studio uses the data file that is already open, but you might want to embed several scripts in one data file. You can also embed both Transaction and Query scripts in the same data file.
- Choose the sheet that you want runners to use. To prevent runners from using a different worksheet, click the Lock icon.
- To replace the existing headers each time the file is opened, check the Overwrite data file headers box.
- Click Publish.
The data file and the script are published, and runners who open the data file can run the script.
Republish a script to the same data sheet
When published, Studio Transaction scripts do not overwrite existing versions.
To republish an updated script to the same data sheet, do one of the following:
- In the Script name box, type a different name.
- Remove the script:
- Open the data sheet.
- Click the Winshuttle Run tab, and log on to Connect if necessary.
- Make sure that the script name is displayed in the drop-down list.
- Click Information, and then click Remove.
- Close the data sheet.
The script can now be republished to that data sheet.