Schedule a Query run
When you use the Scheduler to schedule a run in advance, Query automatically connects to SAP, runs the Query on the schedule you set up, and then closes the connection with SAP. Studio can send an email notification confirming that the scheduled job was performed.
To run a scheduled script on a virtual machine (VM) with Windows 7 or later or Windows Server 2008 or later, you must remain logged on to the VM.
For information about running Winshuttle with Citrix, see Citrix installation with Winshuttle products.
- On the Run tab, click Schedule.
If you are not logged on, the SAP Logon box will open so that you can log on to the SAP system.
- Confirm the criteria that are displayed in the Run Time Variable Wizard by clicking OK.
- In the Winshuttle Scheduler box, in the Title box, type the title you want Studio to show in the list of scheduled tasks.
- In you want to receive scheduling notifications, type your email address in the Send email notifications to box.
Use commas to separate multiple email addresses.
Note: If you are using an Exchange server to send email notifications, you can include the results file with the email message by checking the Attach data file box. To set this up, provide the Exchange server details in the Studio options.
- In the Run reason box, you can change the reason for the run.
- Click Next.
- Click One time, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Choose the recurrence options you want. These options change depending on what you clicked in step 7.
- Under Advanced Settings, you can choose to run the script multiple times. For example, if you want to run the script monthly on the fifth day, and you want to run the script at the beginning and the end of the day, check the Task recurs every box, click 12 Hours, and click 1 Day.
- If the script will run multiple times, choose a setting in the System-generated file name list to avoid overwriting the data in the data file every time the script runs. Based on the setting that you choose, Studio will add the date, the date and time, or the user name of the logged-on user to the file name.
Note: This option is available only for Excel data files.
- Click Finish.
Change the schedule or stop scheduling a run
- Click the File tab.
- Click Scheduled Tasks, and then click the task that you want to stop or change.
- Click Delete, or click Edit to make changes in the Winshuttle Scheduler box.