Winshuttle Foundation 11.x release notes— License Management System 11.x release notes
On this page
- License Management Server 11.3.0 release notes
- License Management Server 11.2.5 release notes
- License Management Server 11.2.1 release notes
- License Management Server 11.2.0 release notes
- License Management Server 11.1.1 release notes
Release: June 2017
- Foundation Must be installed as a new installation.
- Standalone LMS is upgradeable from LMS (Standalone) 11.0 only to LMS 11.3.0
Differences from LMS 11.2.x
- Activating a large number (more than 2000) of licenses could cause the following error: 'could not execute query...'
- Fixed an issue with creating users in Stand Alone LMS
- Facing timeout error while activating the Licenses through User Governance for bulk licenses
- Adding multiple users through Active Directory can cause the browser tab to go into a Not Responding state.
- In an offline activation, no validation is shown when a file other than the .lic file is uploaded.
- If a license administrator renews licenses for which the administrator was not the original owner, the license ownership is not automatically transferred from the original license administrator that created the licenses to the license administrator that renewed them.
- When testing a site connection, a net.pipe error might be thrown if there is intermittent unavailability of the net.pipe service on the LMS server. Make sure that the net.pipe service is running, and then try again.
Release: July 2017
The Foundation 11.2.5 release primarily contains bug fixes for Winshuttle Foundation Workflow, Winshuttle Composer, and Winshuttle Foundation User Governance. It also includes enhanced security updates for Foundation User Governance.
- Workflow: 11.2.5
- User Governance: 11.2.5
- Composer 11.2.5
- SAP Integration Server: 11.2.0
- Winshuttle Studio 11.2.0
- Foundation LMS 11.1.1. and 11.2.x (and later) can be upgraded to 11.2.5.
Improvements, New Features, Fixes
No new features, improvements, or known issues for this release. See the following release notes pages for a list of fixes and improvements made in Foundation 11.2.5:
- Foundation Workflow release notes
- Foundation User Governance release notes
- Winshuttle Composer release notes
Winshuttle LMS 11.2.1 Release Notes
Release: May 2017
- Workflow: 11.2.1
- Foundation: 11.2.1
- Composer: 11.2.1
- SAP Integration Server: 11.2.1
- Fixed an error where a Foundation installation with 6000 licenses resulted in timeout that occurred browsing the Manage Licenses / Add User page, and when using the export feature on the License Report page of the Foundation site.
- Fixed an issue where a username with the dot character (.) was not allowed to be added to LMS-standalone.
- A request timeout occurs transferring 6000 licenses from the Manage Licenses page
- Workflow 11.2.0
- SAP Integration Server 11.2.0
- Composer 11.2.0
- User Governance 11.2.0
- If you are using LMS version 11.1.1. with Foundation, you can upgrade to LMS version 11.2.0
- If you are using LMS version 11.0 in standalone mode, you cannot upgrade to LMS version 11.2.0
Issues fixed in version 11.2.0
- The LMS installer would not launch if the product is already installed on the same machine
- Additional error handling during installation has been added in case the first LMS user has not been created
- Support for SQL alias in LMS installation has been added
- Obsoleted Datatypes (ntext, text, image) for the LMS database have been removed.
- Fixed an issue where licenses were not checked-in immediately after a Studio client was closed, causing check-in to take too long (~30 minutes).
- Certificates other than those in the Personal Store are not visible in the SSL drop down in the LMS installer.
- On installation, clicking No on the Exit Setup dialog does not return to the install wizard.
License Management Server 11.1.1 is compatible with following Foundation modules:
- Workflow 11.1.1
- SAP Integration Server 11.1.1
- Composer 11.1.1
- User Governance 11.1.1
Note: LMS version 11.1.1 does not work as a standalone entity and only works as a module with Foundation 11.1.
- LMS is a new module in Foundation version 11 and must be installed as a new installation for new customers and existing customers upgrading from Foundation 10.x.
- If you are using LMS version 11.0 in standalone mode, you cannot upgrade to LMS version 11.1.1
New features in version 11.1.1
- Ability to assign licenses to multiple users in a single action
- A new role is now available: User & License administrator. This role can manage licenses across departments or business units.
- Option added to sync usage logs to Winshuttle Connect-cloud servers
- An Offline mode has been added that can be used by client applications if the licensing service is down
- Asynchronous ROI reporting can be exported for large scale requests
- Option added to provide additional license moves for Foundation client licenses. The default is 2 license moves per quarter.
- Licensing of Foundation servers is now included in the activation keys.
- New licensing behavior: Standard licenses allow posting one record at a time (more suited for forms). Professional Licenses allows multiple records (Autorun and Server-scheduled jobs).
- Improved flexibility for license orders for User Governance users. Specific modules such as Winshuttle Transaction or Query can be purchased instead of package licenses.
- Automated license check-ins now occur after 45 minutes if host-machine/client becomes defunct
- New fields in Usage reports have been added to help administrators track usage: Product Version, License, License ID
- Activation performance enhancements: Processes activation keys can now be activated with up to 1000 licenses in a single activation
- Ability to distinguish between Manual / Server / Webservice ROI data has been added
- The installer enhancements for built-in prerequisite checks & detailed installation logging
- Installer: Boundaries of the text fields disappear on the installer screen when switching applications/machines in a remote desktop session; however, the user can still enter text in the fields.
- Installer: If installing user has only DB_creator role on the database, the installation fails with no error details. For other roles with insufficient permissions the proper error message is displayed.
- Migration: Multiple SAP Integration Server licenses are visible on the Foundation Licenses page after migrating the complete Winshuttle configuration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
- License Audit Logs: User name is not captured for some license update activities such as assignment and checkout.