Assigning access rights to the Winshuttle Server database
Assign access rights to the Winshuttle Server database only if you use SQLite database for Winshuttle Server.
- SQLite is the default database option with Winshuttle Server 10.6, but you must explicitly assign access rights to required users.
- SQL Server is the default database for Winshuttle Server 10.6.1.
If SQL Server is used for the Winshuttle Server database: Assign read and write permissions to the user of the Server Application identity in IIS for the Winshuttle Server database in that SQL Server instance.
If Winshuttle Server is deployed using Windows installer, access rights to the Winshuttle Server database are given automatically.
You must provide access rights in the following cases:
- If you are using Windows installer to install Winshuttle Server and the following error message appears: "Error occurred while modifying access right to database" (or something similar)—make sure the account you are using to Install Winshuttle Server has administrator privileges on the target machine.
- If you change the location of the Winshuttle Server database. By default, it is located in the App_Data folder of the Winshuttle Server deployment path.
- Right-click the App_Data folder or the Winshuttle Server database file (WinshuttleServerDB.db), and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click Edit.
- In the Permissions dialog box, click Add.
- Type the required usernames, and then click OK.
- In the Permissions section, select Allow full control for this Server application pool identity user, and then click OK.
- The Winshuttle Server application pool user now has access to write to and read from the database file.