Winshuttle Central Transaction menu: Preferences
Transaction menu topics
Use the Preferences page to configure various options for your client users. You can do things such as:
- Define the number of steps required for Transaction approvals.
- Allow self-approval.
- Require approvers to enter a reason if they reject a submitted Winshuttle Query script.
On this page
With Winshuttle Central, you can establish and control the process through which data in Winshuttle Transaction script files is posted to production SAP servers. Requiring a review process helps ensure that the correct data is downloaded and uploaded. A selected process on this page will apply to all users of the site.
There are 4 options for the data review process:
- Developer Defined. The program developer can specify what data review process should apply.
- No Data Review Process. No review required for data that is to be posted by any CENTRAL site user.
- Review and Post - One Step. One person enters the data. The reviewer reviews and then posts the data, and thereby becomes the person of record for entering the data.
- Review and Post - Separately. The reviewer reviews the data and then returns the data to the runner who posts the data.
Note: No approval task is generated for the following CENTRAL configurations:
- No Data Review Process is selected, but TRANSACTION script approval is not selected.
- Review and Post--One-Step or Review and Post--Separately are selected and Allow Self-Approval is selected, but TRANSACTION script approval is not selected.
- From the Winshuttle CENTRAL Administration page, under TRANSACTION, click Preferences.
- Select (or de-select) the option you wish to enable (or disable).
See below for a description of the various options and their functions.
- Under Preferences (at the top of the page), click Save to apply your selection.
Back to top
Data Review Process
To set review process preferences:
- Click CENTRAL Administration.
- Under TRANSACTION Administration, click Preferences.
- Select the type of review process you want. At the top of the page, click Save to apply your selection.
CENTRAL Mandatory Fields
To make it mandatory for reviewers to provide a reason for rejecting files
- Select TRANSACTION Script Rejection Reason Required or Data File Rejection Reason Required as needed. Click Save to apply your selection.
Moving files to the Run Complete status
You can set various conditions which, if fulfilled, cause files to move automatically to the Run Complete status. Select from the following conditions:
- Validation Failed
- Error returned from SAP while posting
- Error Occurred
- Job Canceled
- Winshuttle SERVER Error
Scroll to the top of the page to click Save to apply your selection.Back to top
You can specify whether a file creator can approve his or her own files.
To specify self-approval
- Select Self-Approval. Scroll to the top of the page to click Save to apply your selection.
TRANSACTION Script Approval
You can specify whether TRANSACTION scripts require approval or not. If this setting is not selected, when a file is submitted, it immediately becomes a production file and no review is required. If No Data Review Process is also selected, no review task is created.
To specify script approval:
- Select TRANSACTION Script Approval. Scroll to the top of the page to click Save to apply your selection.
Save to CENTRAL
You can save files to the CENTRAL server if the files do not require a review. A file that does not require a review but that is being tracked is automatically put into the Run state when it is saved to the server.
Note: If the SAP server is defined as Non-Production, then Save to Central (which forces the data file to be saved to a library in SharePoint) does not apply.
To allow files to be saved to the CENTRAL server
- Select Save to CENTRAL. Scroll to the top of the page to click Save to apply your selection.
Allow Run on Errors
For data files that require review, this allows a run after the initial pass through to correct any errors that listed in the log column.
To allow run on errors:
- Select Allow Run on Errors. Scroll to the top of the page to click Save to apply your selection.
Run Reason Required
A run reason must be listed in order to run the file.
To ensure that users specify a run reason:
- Select Run Reason Required. Scroll to the top of the page to click Save to apply your selection.
Enable Item Level Permissions
With Enable Item Level Permissions, you can set permissions for individual data files. Setting permissions at the file level is useful when you must restrict who can view or access the files. Only the site administrator, file creator, and file reviewer can view a file with item level permissions.
Item level permissions apply only to data files, not to tasks, data templates, or files that are not part of a workflow.
Permissions set at the file level can affect file performance.
To enable item level permissions:
- Select Enable Item Level Permissions. Scroll to the top of the page to click Save to apply your selection.
Allow Desktop Scheduling
This option allows users to schedule jobs on their Desktop.
To allow users to schedule runs from their desktop:
- Select Allow Desktop Scheduling. Scroll to the top of the page to click Save to apply your selection.
Allow Revision of Data Templates
By default, to resubmit a revised data file, users must also resubmit the TRANSACTION script. By selecting Allow revision of data templates, you allow users to select Revise on the Submission Wizard.
To allow users to revise production data templates:
- Select Allow Revision of Data Templates.
When Data File Management is Enabled, a 2-step approval workflow is applied to Journal Entry data documents (i.e. data files) when they are submitted to the Winshuttle Central document library.
When Data File Management is Disabled, a workflow is not applied on data files, and they can be directly posted to Winshuttle Central (after opening the Data Template from Winshuttle Central and then saving it locally as a Data File).
Use the dropdown to set which of the following will control the Data file management preference:
- Controlled by Server. If Controlled by Server is selected, then an Administrator must also set the value to Enabled or Disabled in a second dropdown menu (see example above).
- Controlled by Client. If Controlled by Client is selected, then the Journal Entry user can set the value (Enabled or Disabled) from the Journal Entry application (when it is opened in Central Mode).
Note: Be sure to click Save to apply/save changes.
This preference determines the Fiscal Year to be used while generating document links in the Journal Entry Application. By default, if no value is set then the Fiscal Year used in document link generation is the year used in the Posting Date field in the template.
- Controlled by Client. If Controlled by Client is selected, then the value for Fiscal Year will be read from the Journal Entry application options.
- Controlled by Server. If Controlled by Server is selected, then an Administrator must specify a 4-digit year in theassociated text box before saving. When the Fiscal Year is controlled by the server, then the Fiscal Year option cannot be edited in Journal Entry.
Note: To save/apply changes made on the Preferences page, click Save.
If there is a conflict between the client (Journal Entry) and Winshuttle Central with regards to the Fiscal Year, the value will be read from Central (i.e. it is considered the authoritative source).