- Winshuttle Foundation
Winshuttle Workflow SVAdm Commands
The SVAdm Tool allows you to perform Workflow maintenance from the command line.
In addition, Winshuttle Workflow Central Administration (CA) also allows you to set some administrative options with an easy-to-use Web-based interface. See Winshuttle Workflow Central Administration for more information.
On this pageBack to top
When using SVAdm via the command prompt or PowerShell, you must be logged in with either the Workflow Administrator account or an account that has the same access to databases as the Workflow Administrator account.
If you can not log in as this account, use SHIFT+right-click on the CMD or PowerShell program, and then select Run as a different user to enter alternate credentials (i.e. the username/password for the Workflow Administrator or an equivalent account).Back to top
- Log on to the Workflow server
- From the Start menu, open a command prompt using "Run as Administrator"
- Navigate to \Program Files\ShareVis\bin
- Enter svadm -o with the following syntax:
svadm.exe -o <operation> -<parameter> <value>
For example: svadm -o removelogging -clear
Note: Some SVAdm operations require that you perform an IISRESET following the SVAdm operation. This is noted where it is required.Back to top
SVAdm and the syntax for running commands with it are as follows:
svadm.exe -o <operation> [<operation-parameters>] [-v] [-c <config file or site URL>] [-all]
apply to all extended Web applications
Note the following:
- Most command parameters are placed in between quotes. For example: -source "contributor"
- Some command parameters, such as -URL, only require the http:// address (without quotes). For example: -URL HTTP://Webaddress/Site
The following example illustrates the SVADM Syntax using the CopySiteGroup command and several command options:
svadm.exe –o copysitegroup –url http://localhost/sv/documents -source "Contributor" –destination "Manager" –description "Default manager group"