Configuring IIS / LMS to use a custom host name
If you are using one or more custom host names (for example, mycompany.com) that are mapped to the loopback address (127.0.0.1) that connect to Web sites on your computer, you will need to add the custom host names to the registry on the machine where LMS / IIS is installed.
IMPORTANT: Always back up your registry before editing it.
- Set the DisableStrictNameChecking registry entry to 1.
- Click Start, click Run, and then type regedit and press Enter / click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
- Right-click MSV1_0, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
- Type BackConnectionHostNames, and then press Enter.
- Right-click BackConnectionHostNames, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the host name or the host names for the sites that are on the local computer. Click OK.
- Quit the Registry Editor, and then restart IIS.
See Microsoft KB article 896861 for more information.