Migrating Winshuttle Server Data
- Migrating installations
The follow steps describe how to Migrate Winshuttle Server data using the Winshuttle Server Data Migration Utility.
See the Winshuttle Server Database Migration Tool Guide for additional information.
The following steps require that the Winshuttle SAP Integration Server ("Winshuttle Server") has been installed on the new location prior to running the migration utility.
IMPORTANT: Before migration, backup the entire Winshuttle Server folder. A simple copy to a different directory will suffice.
Installing the Server Data Migration ToolBack to top
- Download the Winshuttle Server Data Migration Utility provided by Winshuttle Support on the source Server
- Make a backup of the Winshuttle Server folder
- Run the Winshuttle Server Installer. On the Welcome page, click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and then click Next.
- To install Winshuttle Server in the default location, click Next. To select a custom location, click Change, type or browse to the location, and then click Next.
- Enter the TCP Port to define the port on which Winshuttle Server installs. For the Application Pool Identity, specify the IIS Service Account to run the application pool. (Note: The Network User can be used, but is less secure than using the IIS Service Account). Click Next.
- When all the required information is entered into the wizard, Click Install.
- Click Finish to quit the installer.
Installation is complete.
Migrating Data with the Server Data Migration ToolBack to top
Winshuttle provides the Winshuttle Server Data Migration Utility to migrate data from different versions or to different locations.
To migrate data between locations, do the following:
- Copy the Winshuttle Server backup source files to the target Server
- Double-click the file WinshuttleServer.ServerTools.DataImporter.exe to launch the Winshuttle Server Data Migration Tool.
- Select Create a new database file.
- Select SQLite (the default)
- In the Select new SQLite database path field, enter the location for the new Winshuttle Server database, and then give it a name.
- Click Next and wait for the Data Migration dialog box.
- Select Migrate data from old database to new database.
- Enter the path and location of the source database (from your copied backup location).
- Enter the name and location of the new database file, and then click Next.
- To specify the new URL of the CENTRAL site, select Move all published services to new Winshuttle Server URL. Enter the URL for your new CENTRAL site.
- If you are keeping the same site URL for CENTRAL, clear the "Move all published services…" option. The URL field for the site becomes unavailable.