Reporting APIs - Overview
Foundation provides the following REST APIs to help you create dashboards to be able to view Process, User, and Business data for NPI and other Master data processes:
- Assignment API
- Form Metadata API
- Forms Data API
- Processes API
- Solution Name Dimension API
- Users API
These REST APIs can be implemented using .Net Framework, ASP.NET, and Web API.
The reporting APIs access the Reporting database.
REST API URL Overview
<<LMS host site url>>/dwapi/<<api version>>/<<resource name>>
You can view the LMS host site URL on the Foundation home page under the Licensing Service pane. Go to Settings > Foundation Setup.
For example - The URL for processes is:
- http://aaa-en-bbb1:8080 - LMS Host Site URL
- /dwapi - Reporting API access endpoint
- /v1- Current version of the API
- /processes - Name of the resource to query
Note: To browse the API URLs you must replace the <Deny Users/> tag with <allow users="domain/username"/> tag in the DWAPI web config file. This file can be found under the LMS installation directory in the DWAPI folder.
GET - This method provides a read only access to a resource.
Supported OData Query Parameters
- $select - Specifies the set of structural properties to include in a response.
- $filter - Filters the set of items returned.
- $orderby - Specifies the order in which items are returned from the API.
- $top - Limits the number of items returned from a collection. It should be a non-negative integer value.
- $skip - Excludes the first n items of the queried collection from the result set, where n is specified with $skip and a non-negative integer value.
Also, all APIs support filter, sort, pagination on the reporting data which is implemented using OData-v4 Endpoint .net library provided by Microsoft.