- Winshuttle Foundation
Move Archived Data
Use the Move Archived Data operation to move completed workflow processes from the main list to another for archival purposes.
This operation can be applied to processes for which offline history (for form and document workflows) and form .MHT files (for form workflows) is stored in a SharePoint list. In other words, items for which the value of the column IsOfflineHistoryReady is ‘yes’ can be moved to another list by this operation.
- Form processes can only be moved to a SharePoint Custom list.
- Document processes can only be moved to a SharePoint Custom Document Library.
- If versioning is not enabled on the destination list to which a document site is being moved, only the latest version of a document will be moved.
Permission prerequisitesBack to top
In addition, make sure the following permissions are in place:
For SharePoint 2010/2013:
- The Workflow Administrator should be in the Owner group of the destination web app
- The Workflow Administrator should have following SQL roles on the destination web app’s SharePoint Content DB: Database
Stored Procedure Access
SharePoint Content Database
For SharePoint 2013:
- The Workflow Administrator user should be added both in claim based and non-claim based format in the destination web app’s user policy with ‘Full Control’. NOTE: You can use the Add user policyadmin command to do this.
Moving archived dataBack to top
- Select a Source Site from the drop down. All the sites available in the selected web app should appear in the list.
- Select a Source List from the drop down boxes. Only form lists, central data file libraries, custom document libraries, and process control document libraries for the selected source site will appear in the list.
- Select one of the following:
- Data Older Than to specify a number of days (the age of the data) to archive. For example, entering '10' will archive data older than 10 days. Entering 0 will archive all data. Note: The age of the data is calculated based upon its modified date.
- Item Id to specify a comma-separated list or range of SharePoint item ID numbers.
- Date Range to archive items for which the modified date falls within specified date range.
- Select Create Column (this is recommended) to have all columns created in the destination site automatically.
If Create Column is checked, all the columns that exist on the source list but are not present on the destination list, are created on the destination list while moving data.
- If Create Column is not selected, only the following columns will be created in the destination archive site: IsOfflineHistoryReady, WinshuttleArchivedHistory, and the item itself.
- If Create Column is not selected and the columns already exist in the destination list, make sure the column type on the destination list is the same as the column type on source list.
- Select one of the following:
- Move Data Now: Select to move the data immediately (after you click Save).
- Schedule: Select a date and time for the operation to occur.
- In the Users to Notify field, you can enter 1 or more email addresses (in a comma-separated list) to send notifications to about the operation. Leave this field blank if you do not wish to send any notifications.
- Under Destination, select the destination Web Application, Site, and List/Document Library from the respective drop down menus.
- If the selected source list is a form-based list from the Source List drop down, then the List/Document Library drop down will display Custom Form Lists.
- If the selected source list is a document-based workflow library (such as the Winshuttle Central data file library, Process Control Library, or a Custom Document Library), then the List/Document drop down will display custom document libraries.
If the selected source is an Excel Workflow, 2 optional drop down menus will be shown: Data Files Library and Supporting Documents Library. Data files and supporting documents will be archived in these respective libraries. In addition, links for the data files and supporting documents (i.e. the hyperlinks on the Foundation site you will use to access the files and supporting documents) will be updated with the new url for the destination site.
Note: If the Workflow admin does not have the minimum permissions required to move archived data, this list might not show the list of sites. (See above for permission prerequisites.)
- Click Save.